Tuesday, July 27, 2010

monty, i'll miss you.

my puppy got put down today, rather sad, but it didn't really hit me until about an hour ago when by default i lowered my hand next to the couch holding a quarter of my unfinished piece of toast, expecting a cold wet nose to shove under my hand, grab it, chew on it like a maniac, and then growl at me for more. now i'm noticing all these little things that won't be the same. 

right now i don't have my personal foot warmer. i don't have someone knocking on my room door to get in, and the next minute to get out, then in again. theres no one to go skitz at my friends when they enter the house. theres no one to rough up and entertain me when i'm here by myself. no one to suck up to me when i'm crying and try to lick the tears off my face. theres no one to let outside when that bloody black cat comes into the back yard, to chase it away. no one to act as an alarm and make noise every time a person walks past the house. no one who'll sneeze at you on purpose just because they want your attention or a hug. no one to sit in the most inconvenient places and fall asleep there. but most of all, theres no dog in my house, and i'm here alone often. my poor little boy.

i feel stupid, because i'm aware most people will be like "he was just a dog.." and yeah he was, but he was lovely, and i'm pretty cut.

so thankyou monty, for ten years of awesomeness. i loved you heaps, and you'll be sorely missed. x



No comments:

Post a Comment