Tuesday, July 20, 2010

lets change things up a little.

Beauty - a combination of qualities such as shape, colour or form that pleases the aesthetic senses, esp. the sight : "I was struck by her beauty"


Although some (or many) might say beauty is fleeting, it has become something of which in the modern world as i see it has made vastly more important than things which should be a higher priority. I'd like to say i've been strong enough not to think this way, but i haven't. It doesn't make me unhappy at all, but more motivated to make myself more beautiful by being healthy and a genuine person. The way i'll do this is by making myself toned and more comfortable in my skin (five kayy gee to go, behbeh), stop being so judgemental and picky, and stop talking about people in a way in which i wouldn't want to be talking about.
Naturally, every rule has its exception, but I will stick to this otherwise. 

When thinking about this I thought to myself "why should i want to change my appearance and my mindset?" After thinking about it for a while, I was half pleased, and half not with my answers. My first reason was "because I don't want to be seen how I don't want to be seen." and by this I mean by other judgemental people, and by the opposite sex (as depressing as that sounds when i read it back to myself). I figure if I feel better about myself, not only will I have the self-confidence of an awesome person, but I might think better about others also.
Second reason? To be freakin' fit in case of an emergency. I'm already somewhat fit, but not as fit as I'd like.
Thirdly? I want to look like a babe in a swimsuit I'm buying ;D

Call me shallow, but that's the way it is for women nowadays, and its particularly bad for people in this age group. I figure you're only here once, so might as well be happy with the skin you're in. I guess the sad thing is that people just can't treat people the same if they look different.
But this post wasn't meant to be sad, it was meant to psyche myself up for a little self improvement. Now all I need is the discipline to stick with it. I know I probably just contradicted myself a thousand times, but whatever, we'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment